Sells automotive parts by taking and clarifying customer orders; retrieving and selling new and replacement automotive parts; receiving and recording new parts inventory; maintaining parts databases; maintaining safe and secure environment.
* Takes customer orders by listening to and clarifying requests; identifying automotive parts; offering and explaining alternative solutions.
* Completes sales by entering purchased items into sales/inventory system; obtaining payment; adding purchase to credit account; issuing sales receipts.
* Mans the sales counter, providing confident customer-facing support and advising on parts required to meet their requirements.
* Maintains parts inventory by verifying supplies; placing orders when order-points are reached.
* Stocks items by unpacking, arranging, and placing items in bins and on shelves; adjusting inventory system.
* Receives returned items by inspecting items; returning payment; issuing credit; re-packing and re-shelving items; returning damaged items to supplier.
* Maintains safe and secure environment by following safety and security standards and procedures; complying with codes.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading about new products.
* Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Handles eBay sales by utilising prior experience of eBay as a sales platform to assist the Parts Director in running the eBay shop.
Data Entry Skills, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Verbal Communication, Selling to Customer Needs, Product Knowledge, Inventory Control, Vendor Relationships, Equipment Maintenance, Lifting, Job Knowledge